3. Pipe or Fitting
Wall thickness of pipe + 3 mm. This space is necessary, to do not damage the flange face, during the welding process.
3. Filled weld inside 4. Pipe
X = Expansion gap
- Freedom to swivel around the pipe facilitates the lining up of opposing flange bolt holes.
- Lack of contact with the fluid in the pipe often permits the use of inexpensive carbon steel flanges with corrosion resistant pipe.
- In systems which erode or corrode quickly, the flanges may be salvaged for re-use.
3. Butt Weld 4. Pipe or Fitting